Fertility Focused Acupuncture
Download your factsheet here
Adobe Acrobat document [150.5 KB]
Traditional acupuncture takes a holistic approach to health and regards illness as a sign that the body is out of balance. The exact pattern and degree of imbalance is unique to each individual. The skill lies in identifying the precise nature of the underlying disharmony and selecting the most effective treatment. The choice of acupuncture points will be specific to each patient's needs. Traditional acupuncture can also be used as a preventive measure to strengthen the constitution and promote general wellbeing.
An increasing weight of evidence from Western scientific research is demonstrating the effectiveness of acupuncture for treating a wide variety of conditions. From a biomedical viewpoint, acupuncture is believed to stimulate the nervous system, influencing the production of the body's communication substances - hormones and neurotransmitters. The resulting biochemical changes activate the body's self-regulating homeostatic systems, stimulating its natural healing abilities and promoting physical and emotional wellbeing.
Fertility focused acupuncture treatment has been found to increase blood flow to the reproductive organs, balance hormone levels, regulate the menstrual cycle and help improve the lining of the uterus and quality of eggs released.
Acupuncture and IVF - The success rates for IVF treatments without acupuncture are usually between 20-30% depending on the clinic. In several recent studies a 43% success rate was achieved by receiving acupuncture.
In summary, some of the benefits you can gain are listed below:
• Enhance the internal environment of the fallopian tubes.
• Promote embryo implantation
• Promote a viable pregnancy
• Increase blood flow to the uterus
• Enhance uterus lining
• Assist in transfer of embryo's
• Relax patient
• Improve quality of eggs and sperm
• Reduce unwanted side effects of drugs
• Strengthen immune system
• Reduce chance of miscarriage
• Regulate hormones
Supportative Care in Early Pregnancy
- Clinical trials demonstrate anxiety reducing techniques sufficiently reduce miscarriage rates
- Acupuncture is shown to be safe in early pregnancy
- Acupuncture clinically effective to reduce anxiety, stress and induce relaxation
- Enhances microcirculation in uterine lining / developing placenta
- Supportive immune modulating effects to enhance embryo implantation
- Reduce bleeding in threatened miscarriage
Factsheet available for download
Adobe Acrobat document [176.6 KB]
You can reach Christina on:
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also use the contact form.
Acupuncture and Hot Flushes
Irregular Periods - using acupuncture and nutrition
Case studies and more ......
Special Offers 2012
Holiday Apartment in Spain to Rent
Special rates for Pointsplus Clients - see website for details
Offer available to all new and existing clients.
Terms and conditions apply.